SUBMITTING TO GRANFALLOON
GRANFALLOON welcomes submissions from authors at any time. Please check this page to see relevant updates regarding submission guidelines, submission window status & dates, requested themes, etc.
Current theme: NONE (accepting speculative fiction, fantasy, and sci-fi).
GRANFALLOON is seeking works of speculative fiction, science fiction, fantasy, science fantasy, cyberpunk, etc. We also publish speculative/fantasy poetry and art that fits within these genres.
We don't believe there is any formula for speculative fiction, but we do like to be surprised by stories, either by character insights, ideas, plots, or by authors breaking with conventional narrative styles. The speculative element may be slight, but should be present. We encourage submissions from diverse voices and perspectives, and publish writers from all over the world.
• We publish fiction up to 2000-2500 words in length (we might consider longer pieces, depending on the work in question). We welcome hybrid pieces, speculative/fantasy poems, essays about the sci-fi/fantasy genre, flash fiction, and even micro-fiction and short manga/graphic short story submissions! Note: We generally do not publish reviews.
• We accept simultaneous submissions.
• Submit your work via email (see address below) as a PDF, MS Word, or Google Docs document (art or photography submissions may be sent in JPEG format).
• We ask for only one submission from a writer at a time, unless specified.
• Though we seek to respond promptly, please allow up to 3 weeks for a response.
• We request that authors submitting their work to GRANFALLOON Magazine grant us first North American and foreign serial rights. (All other rights are retained by the author and revert to the author after publication in our zine).
• Generally, we do not publish work that has been published previously or is part of a published series or anthology.
• Since we don't publish a lot of art and poetry, we have no separate guidelines for those types of submissions. Please send art samples or ideas & suggestions, as well as science fiction/fantasy themed poetry to the same e-mail below (generally, we request one poem per author per submission).
• There is no reading fee for submissions. Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot offer payment for pieces accepted for publication.
• Please include a short, third person biography when submitting your work. If a submission is accepted for publication, we may also ask authors to provide a photograph (to be included on the site with their bio).
• Send story submissions to Al (Albert) Mamet — Editor-in-Chief, GRANFALLOON Magazine at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you! We look forward to reading your work!